Wednesday, January 23, 2013
January 12 of 12 -2013
So here we are at the beginning of the new year. It started off as motivating and inspiring. Some of the motivation is still there and some is not. It's life folks. January 12 landed on a Saturday this year.
01. Lucas goofing around. Rolling on the ground.
02. Grace sitting on top of the table coloring. She colors not only her paper but also the table. She dressed herself too. Found the skirt and put it on. It's inside out and backwards. Look at her hair! It's so long and always in her face unless I put it back in a ponytail on top of her head. She refuses to get her hair done sometimes. I have to chase her down or just wait till she is strapped in her car seat. Then she'll let me.
03. We had Saturday morning chores. Kids helped a lot. We got the house looking somewhat decent.
04. Grace sleeping on the couch. She sleeps great there. Especially when she is sick and starts coughing. One day earlier in the week she coughed so hard during nap time she threw-up. It was all over her bed, but not on her at all. Very gross when I found it. Thus, sleeping on the couch is much nicer.
05. The dog. He drives me nuts. Just sitting by the back door waiting for someone to take him in the alley to play fetch. Can you say "Buyers Remorse" when it comes to this dog. Seriously.
06. Me. I have so many wrinkles appearing. I blame the weather. But, probably not enough water and the weather combo is why so many little lines are appearing. age. what can I say?
07. We went to Red Robin at the mall across from Jon's office. It's our favorite family restaurant. After we ate I ran some errands at the mall while Jon took the kids to his office since they have been wanting to see it. It was a very cold day and hot chocolate was a yummy treat they had when they got there.
08. Lucas wanted to take a picture of us on the couch. Jon and I snuck in a little kiss. Haha. The boys totally were grossed out and started yelling at us. So fun to tease.
09. David playing army guys. He loves to set all his guys up and then him and I battle it out. He always wins. But, I'm a good loser. :)
10. ME. Again. Pregnant. 31 weeks.
11. David and Grace sitting in my bed enjoying a t.v. show. Love it when my kids are nice to each other. Although, the boys are very nice to Gracie.
12. Weekly Chore Charts. I finally got organized enough to make these for the boys. It's working like a charm so far. Some of the things that they have to do each day in order for them to get their allowance on Saturday are: reading scriptures, individual prayer, family prayer, Family Home Evening, homework, reading, exercise, bath/shower, cub scout stuff/faith in God, daily chore, and then Saturday chore. Each child has different requirements and then they all have the same of some. It really is helping us as a family make sure we do the things we need to. Plus, it keeps me on track.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are darling and hilarious. I admire how easygoing you are. Your kids are so lucky to have you as their mom! I love our chore charts--I'm going to copy you and add scriptures as one of their chores. We read together, but Caelyn and Zerah can at least read the illustrated one on their own.
By the way, I LOVE your blog header!
Love the chore charts. that seems to be one of those things that needs a new approach every so often. And I'm right with ya on the wrinkles. It's like they all just showed up one day. Oh well, proud of the life that's behind and they're the proof.
Post a Comment